Rodrigo Silva, MD
Phone: (352) 265-0920
Doctor of Medicine – University of Brasilia
Dr. Rodrigo Silva is an assistant professor in the Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology. His clinical interests include treating congenital ear malformations, such as microtia, as well treating hearing loss in pediatric patients through the use of bone conduction and cochlear implants.
Dr. Silva earned his medical degree from the University of Brasilia and completed a clinical and research fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is a specialist in the treatment of middle ear diseases and upper airway mucosa in children.
Chronic otitis media is very common in children with cleft palate and other craniofacial disorders, and may lead to permanent hearing, speech and cognitive problems if left untreated.
- Silva RC, Dohar JE, Hebda PA. Novel rat model of tympanostomy tube otorrhea. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2012;76:179-82.
- Silva RC, Ojano-Dirain C, Antonelli PJ. Effectiveness of pediatric tracheostomy tube cleaning. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;138:251-6.
- Williams N, Riley K, Silva RC, Collins SW. Noisy breathing and cutaneous hemangioma: an intriguing correlation. Consultant For Pediatricians. 2012;11(12): 433-434.
- Ojano-Dirain C, Silva RC, Antonelli PJ. Biofilm Formation on Silicone Coated Tympanostomy tubes. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013; 77(2):223-7.
- Collins WO, Kalantar N, Rohrs H, Silva RC. The Effects of Balloon Dilation Laryngoplasty in Children with Congenital Heart Disease. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Dec 1;138(12):1136-40.
- Silva RC, Collins WO. Persistent Foramen of Huschke Mimicking a Branchial Cleft Anomaly. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Dec 1;138(12):1176-9.
- Silva RC, Carter RA, Ojano-Dirain C, Antonelli PJ. Efficacy of Disinfecting Solutions in Removing Biofilms from PVC Tracheostomy Tubes. Laryngoscope. 2013 Jan;123(1):259-63.
- Tubbs KJ, Silva RC, Ramirez Perez HE, Castleman WL, Collins WO. A Comparison of Two Methods of Endoscopic Dilation of Acute Subglottic Stenosis Using a Ferret Model. Laryngoscope. 2013 Jan;123(1):253-8.
- Silva RC, Ojano-Dirain C, Antonelli PJ. Prevention of Biofilm Formation by Polyquaternary Polymer. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Status: sumitted for publication.
- Rodney J, Ojano-Dirain C, Antonelli PJ, Silva RC. Efficacy of Different Cleaning Solutions in Removing Biofilms from Tracheostomy Tubes. Laryngoscope. Status: submitted for publication